In a recent survey of 1,000 successful employed business women:
- 41% identified their career aspirations as: “owning my own business”!
- 31% of all privately-held U.S. firms are women-owned.
- There are 7.8 million firms with majority ownership by women.
- Women-owned businesses employ 7.6 million people.
- Women-owned businesses generate 1 trillion in sales.
- Women-owned firms are at 52% of all healthcare service firms.
-US Census Survey of Business Owners
I recently read a great website with more information on marketing trends to women. Read http://www.she-conomy.com/ to learn more about how to market and understand an important demographic.